Call for papers: Sociology at the Dawn of a Successful Century
Call for papers: Sociology at the dawn of a successful century
Sociology as a theoretical framework, as a research field, as well as regarding its disciplinary position in higher education has faced multiple challenges in the past decades in Hungary. Global processes of social change, transformations of the Hungarian institutional scenery of social sciences (research centres, higher education) produced heated debates about the role of Sociology in public discourses. Our conference organized by the Centre for Social Sciences aims to create a forum to overview and discussions the state of affairs and role of Sociology in Hungary.
Date: 8–9 October, 2020
The language of the conference is primarily Hungarian, but non-Hungarian speakers are also encouraged to apply and to present in English.
In spite of this special situation of the coronavirus epidemic, we are preparing to hold the conference in June. However, it may have to be postponed to September. Therefore please submit your abstracts according to the extended deadline (15 April) in order that the programme can be assembled.
Applications should include:
- the name of the author(s) and affiliation,
- the title of the presentation, and
- an abstract (300-500 words) discussing the following aspects: theoretical background, research question, methodology, main results.
The selection of papers will be based on a blind peer-review process.
Doctoral students applying for the PhD session will be eligible for mentoring in their work towards a successful application and high quality presentation.
- 15 April, 2020: Application deadline
- 30 April, 2020: Notification of the presenters
- 31 May, 2020: Uploading the presentations (full papers or presentations) to the conference system
For further assistance please contact email@example.com.